Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 2

I am proud to say, that in the past 24 hours, of the 14 times I succumbed to negativity, I never allowed it out of my head!

(Unless, of course, I don't know that I let it out. Which is entirely possible, as it might just be so natural to be pessimistic that I don't realize I'm even doing it! Like right now. Is it pessimistic to ponder possible failure at optimism? I suppose it is. What if I am just writing them and not voicing them? And what if no one ever reads it? Then it's really just a tree-falling-in-the-forest situation, and no one knows the answer to that one. Argh.)

Well, here's to moving on. I decided I am just going to post the specific things for which I am thankful for the past 24 hours. I will not be including the items from my previous list (like God, or my husband, or my home, or any of the others) because I am always thankful for those. Plus, since those are the most significant items in my life, I could easily just see myself posting them over and over again for the next several decades and that would be boring for all of us. Er, I mean, me. (Why do I always feel the need to explain in detail little caveats like this?)

Today's List:

  • Building a brick path in the garden with Nick
  • Math tutoring with our friends' kids who are super fun people
  • Having a productive morning (This is a big deal for me in the summer, as I can easily waste my entire vacation time on Facebook.)
  • The anticipation of some craft time--in the form of felting--tonight
  • Eating one too many cookies
  • Fresh, sweet, yellow tomatoes and basil from our garden
  • A sunrise walk to the park to play with Dottie 



No comments:

Post a Comment